Monday, April 6, 2009

The words I did not want to hear....

My mom's cancer is back. We knew that it was a matter of "when" not "if".

But, this "when" sure does seem soon, if you ask me. But no one did. I could be mad at God. I could be mad at my mom. I could be mad at the mailman, for that matter. None of that will do any good.

It is what it is. I told my mom that we will walk with road with as much grace and strength that we can. Thankfully, my grace and strength come from an Unending Supply.

It is in her lungs and in her brain. They will treat it aggressively. Good idea. Treat cancer aggressively. It deserves no mercy.


This is the verse that I am counting on:

2 Corinthians 9:8 (Contemporary English Version)

8God can bless you with everything you need, and you will always have more than enough to do all kinds of good things for others.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry.

Erin Colvin said...

Linda,

I am sorry, I will call you tomorrow. We will be praying. Much love, Erin

Jacquie said...

Linda, I am SO sorry about your mother. I'll be praying for you all during your mom's treatments. You have amazing faith!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Linda! We are going through the cancer treatments wiht my grandpa as well. Will be praying for you and your family!
Hugs & Kisses, Amanda

The Cabe Family said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying for you and your fam.