Monday, December 22, 2008

A Golden Day


"Make new friends, keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold."

Yesterday, we had the pleasure of hosting our old friends for a play day at our home. Erin drove in with her 3 kids, MA came with her 2, Carey had her 3, Sue had her 3 and I had my 2. Laura could not make it today and was missed!

We have not been all together in quite some time since life has pulled us all in different directions and cities. However, it felt so great to reconnect today. Our kids did a super job of playing together: we only had about 86 interruptions, 2 minor injuries and one instance of possible poisoning.
Not bad for 5+ hours with 13 kids. (before you start to worry about the poisoning incident, one of the 2 year olds ate a cavity disclosing tablet and had her mouth died red for a while...I bet that will show up in the potty later!)

These girls are my golden friends. We have laughed, prayed and cried together. I don't have a sister, but they give me a glimpse into sisterhood. I love them all!

1 comment:

Erin Colvin said...

I want to cry reading your blog about us! All of "us" as friends. Ya'll are truly my best friends. My eyes are watering writing this! Much love, Erin