Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Look deep into my eyes....

So, Caleb got this book for his birthday called
How to be the Best at Everything: The Boys Book.
He loves this book. It is probably not the best book for him to possess considering that he has been known to say, "Yeah, Mom, I know that life is not a competition, but if it was, I'd be winning" with a very straight face... (We are a very humble family, let me tell you.)

Anyway, the other day he was telling me about this cool book. He has learned a few magic tricks, how to build a fire and other very useful things for boys. I started to wonder though when he asked me if I could get him a chicken. I was only half listening the first time he mentioned it so I started to tell him how we weren't having chicken for breakfast and that he would have to eat what was offered. You know, the usual mom diatribe.

Well, no, folks, he wanted a real chicken because his new book gives him step by step directions on how to HYPNOTIZE A CHICKEN!! Really! He seriously wanted me to provide him with a live chicken so that he could hypnotize it.

Which leads us to tonight....

We were at Grandad and Gramsey's to celebrate Christmas and were winding down for bedtime with an episode of the Dog Whisperer. The boys were only half interested in it and started to play on the floor in front of the tv. Caleb tells Jonathan that he thinks that Cesar should hypnotize the dogs to get them to do what he wants. Jonathan has never heard of hypnotizing and asks Caleb what it means.

Ever helpful, Caleb tells him that he will show Jonathan what it means by actually hypnotizing him. He tells Jonathan to lie down on the floor and then says, "Don't worry Jonathan, You will be ok because I am a vegetarian." Then, he proceeds to wave his hands in front of J's face and tell him some mumbo jumbo that I am sure he got from the book. He pronounced that Jonathan was hypnotized.

If indeed being a vegetarian is important in the hypnotizing process, I really think Jonathan ought to worry since I am pretty sure that vegetarians actually have to eat vegetables other than french fries.


PS. After walking around like a zombie for the next 10 minutes, Jonathan giggles and whispers in my ear at bedtime, "Caleb really didn't hypnotize me. I was just pretending."

Whew, I was getting worried.

No comments: