Saturday, January 31, 2009

Man Meals

I want to share with you about a sweet tradition that has evolved around the Hardin House.

It is the MAN MEAL.

It all started when I was gone to a scrapbooking retreat and Jeremy was trying to get the kids pumped up about going to the store to buy food for dinner. The first MAN MEAL consisted of steak, crescent rolls and corn on the cob.

As I understand it, the MAN MEAL must be completely devoid of green vegetables in order to be an actual MAN MEAL. This is one facet of the MAN MEAL that I am trying to change so I spoke with the BIG MAN and asked him to offer broccoli on the MAN MEAL menu. Broccoli being the one vegetable that my boys like as long as it is drenched in Ranch dressing. Can you blame them?

Jeremy usually has a Ribeye and he buys the boys a filet wrapped with bacon. Jonathan calls the bacon, "Cave Bacon" and always makes sure that his filet has "cave bacon" on it. Don't know where that came from, but it sure is cute.

They had a MAN MEAL this weekend and I decided that I would hang out in the other room while they ate. (Partly because I was going to have the ultimate Mom Meal of grilled chicken and I did not want steak and crescent rolls paraded in front of me.)

It was very touching to hear Jeremy pray with the boys that God would take their MAN MEAL and make them grow big and strong and become men who follow God. After the prayer, they chatted about other MAN THINGS that only MEN can talk about.

Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard?

3 comments:

The Bindras said...

love the man meals! so fun...miss you guys. have enjoyed catching up on your back-posts.

The Cabe Family said...

I just found your blog via facebook. Love the Man Meal story...especially the prayer part!
Our family blog is www.thecabechronicles.blogspot.com if you want to check it out when you get a chance. :)

Shannon C. said...

Linda,

You and your family are amazing... I just love to read about the things that you do. You're an awesome mom! Thanks so much for posting your ideas and projects. The rest of us can learn a lot from you!