Friday, January 30, 2009

Swimming and an Obnoxious Dog

Been reading lots of blogs out there lately and feeling like my little blog is way behind the times... nevertheless, I will persevere.

The boys had their first swim meet with their new swim club. It was a fun time. We get a chance to visit with some neighborhood friends who are also in the club. (Kristen, that is a shout out to you, girl!) The boys swam well and seem to be improving so we are all happy about that.

The big news around here is that our dog, Libby, had to have her heartworm treatment this week. I decided to take her to my college friend who is a vet in Waco for treatment. Libby was away from home from Monday to Friday. We all missed her more than we thought we would, I think.

Caleb said, "I miss Libby's greetings when I get home from school." I missed having her here while J is out of town because I get spooked easily. If I hear a funny noise at night and it startles me, I just look over at her like a gauge... if she is still lying on her back with her tongue hanging out of her mouth, then all is fine and I can go back to normal.

Our charge for the next 30 days is to keep Liberty calm and inactive so that she is not harmed while the rest of the medicine works. It will be a challenge, but we are ready for it. We love our Libbygirl!

I think that once she is cleared from this we are going to embark upon obedience school for her. Her report from the vet was that the whole office thought she was "obnoxious". I sort of felt like I needed to defend her like a "tiger momma" defending her baby when I heard that. But, it seems that the Libsters barked A LOT while she was at the vet hospital. Why I felt like I should apologize for her behavior, I do not know, but I did. Anyway, we are glad that our obnoxious Liberoni and Cheese is back with us and we look forward to many more obnoxious days together.

Does this dog look obnoxious to you?

No comments: