Saturday, January 17, 2009

Senior Year 1990



I was reading a new blog today, saw this, and I thought it was fun.

Answer these questions about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!

1. Did you date someone from your school? No

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No

3. Did you car pool to school? We walked...in the rain... uphill....carrying our 10lb backpacks... and my school instrument, the tenor saxophone... or wait...oh yeah.. my parents took me to school in our Forest Green 1979 Ford LTD.

4. What kind of car did you have? I had the pleasure of driving a 1972 Orange Ford Pinto with baby blue interior and a hatchback! It was too cool!

5. What kind of car do you have now? A Mom mobile: A Dodge Grande Caravan with the automatic doors...

6. It's Friday night...where are you? At a ballgame. Fall= football. Winter=Basketball Spring=Baseball

7. It is Friday night...where are you? (now) Watching a movie on the couch or surfing the internet.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked at American Amicable Insurance in the summers. I had the super interesting job of "purging" the files. Wahoo!

9. What kind of job do you do now? Former teacher, Now Stay at Home Mom (all in CAPS, I might add!)

10. Were you a party animal? When no one was looking...but mostly not.

11. Were you considered a flirt? Not so much.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in the band. I played the tenor sax, remember. Heck, I was even the Drum Major my senior year! See proof below!

13. Were you a nerd? Probably, but a cool nerd!

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No, I was pretty much a goody goody!

15. Can you sing the fight song?

Riesel, Riesel, Riesel High school,

You're the school for me

Oh Riesel, Riesel, Riesel High School,

For you I'll always be.

I love your dear old school of spirit,

That stands the test of time.

I love your aims, your aspirations

As long as stars shall shine!!

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?Mrs. Severson was a great Math teacher. She taught us way more than we thought we needed to know at the time!!

17. Where did you sit during lunch? My senior year I went home for lunch so that I could watch Days of Our Lives... oh secret shame of my youth.

18. What was your school's full name? Riesel High School

19. When did you graduate? 1990

20. What was your school mascot? Indians (sorry....not very politically correct.)

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No, I don't think so. It was a hard time, although it did prepare me for life. Once was enough.

22. Did you have fun at Prom? Not really. I went with a group of girls, but I really wanted to have had a date.

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? I don't know if we will have one or not... our 20th will be in 2010...wait a second...That's next year!! Oh my goodness!

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Yes. There were about 33 or 34 in our graduating class. I have reconnected to many through Facebook. I see a few of them every year at our town fair or when I go visit my Mom. Some of us have stayed in constant touch throughout the years.

Linda, looking good in 1990


No comments: