Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Food Journal Saga Part Deaux

Still trying to work out the whole rebellion thing in my head.

Still haven't written any food down for that trainer of mine either, although honestly, I don't have much to hide so why won't I just write it down?

He said that he had decided that there will be repercussions for his clients who have trouble writing their food down and giving it to him.

What? Repercuss? Me? Surely you jest.

I told him that I did not think that he could "repercuss" me ( all the while thinking .. I am paying to come here... just try and repercuss me.) Oh, I am so bad!

I have been thinking what that would look like: Facing repercussions for not writing down my food journals. Can't decide if the negative is worth the rebellion or not.

The struggle continues.

Today, I decided that last minute, I would jot down yesterday's food items just to show him (and myself) that I am earnest and want to write it down.

In reality, I think that I just want to make it LOOK like I am earnest and want to write it down. I wouldn't want anyone to think poorly of me.

Who am I kidding? I think just myself.

It is still outward obedience, not inner heart obedience. I do the same thing with what the Lord asks me to do. I give him the bare minimum so that it LOOKS like I am His, but yet I reserve so much of myself and my life for me.

Writing food journals will help me reach my goals faster and help me maintain a healthy weight. (a lofty and noble goal.)

But, just think about what I could gain if I would totally submit to the Lord.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Did I copy Part Deux from you or did you copy it from me? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Alicia said...

I am laughing..Repercuss me!!

Erin Colvin said...

Hey girl, I have a great book for you to read by Watchman Nee! Call me! I love you, hang in there...I too am there in the yielding and obeying! He is our Heavenly Father and He is faithful to sustain us if only we would trust His love and that He is good! Much love, Erin