Monday, February 23, 2009

Guess what I got to do?!?

I am totally on cloud 9 today!
I got to go to the grocery store!!

Wait, don't think I'm crazy.
This really is cool! I bought the groceries and someone else paid for them! Yup, you heard correctly! HEB gave me $150 in groceries today! Told you that it was cool.

I have been applying for various market research surveys for a few years now, desperately trying to qualify so that I could share my much valued opinion with others and make a little pocket change while doing it. (Until now, I have never been called back to participate in one of the surveys, but I didn't take it personally, nor did I let it stop me from sharing my opinion with others.) My lucky day finally came when S from HEB called and asked me to do a comparison shop with her.

S told me that all I would need to do is to fill out a few forms, have my picture taken, and then do my regular grocery shopping while she follows me around scanning in the items with her handy dandy machine. Then, HEB would pay for up to $150 of my grocery bill.

Be still my beating heart!
Free money is one of my love languages,
and I am in love with S from HEB.

After I make my getaway with my free groceries, S will take the list of items that I purchased and go to a competitor's store and buy the exact same things. Hopefully, for HEB and my newly budding career in show business (did I tell you they took my picture?), HEB prices will turn out to be lower.

Details, details... Let's keep our eyes on the big picture: Free groceries and they might use my photo in advertising !!

I have not dressed up for grocery shopping since my first child was a newborn and getting out to go to the grocery store was the highlight of my week. Today, however, I had full make up since this was my big debut. I even wore a pretty pink scarf just to look the part. (I don't know what part, but a scarf just seemed to be necessary. )

Shopping was fun. Checking out was even more fun. I could get used to the lime light.

2 comments:

The Cabe Family said...

First of all, thank you SO much for including a link to the pic of the scarf! I definitely needed to see that so that I could have the complete picture in my mind! :)

Secondly, I too am a complete "fill the survey out" kind of person (because I really DO believe that someone cares about what I think!) and it TOTALLY annoys my hubby! I've made a tiny bit of $$ doing it online, but you win the BIG PRIZE with free groceries! Yay you!

Unknown said...

You go girl!!!