Thursday, February 26, 2009

Have I got a story for you!

Mon: Free Groceries!

Tues: Enjoying great seats at the Rockets game with access to the suite for yummy food and drinks!

Thursday: Jaunting off to Philadelphia for the weekend!

I really could get used to this.

It is a far cry from my regular life of laundress, maid, and Disciplinarian Extraordinaire. (By the way, my spell check does not like me to use the word Extraordinaire, but it is just a testimony to my perseverance that I keep using it anyway...)

I am sitting in the airport trying to look nonchalant while typing. I honestly think that the only thing that separates me from the business travelers around me is that my laptop is PINK! Well, that, and my purse is purple and my carry-on is pink, purple and green. Corporate America ain't got nuthin' on me!

Speaking of carry-on luggage, let me tell you that I would never do well as a criminal or terrorist. My blood pressure surges and my pulse races every time I go through those security checks. All this while I am trying to maintain my law-abiding citizen status. Imagine what I would go through if I decided to go to the Dark Side?!?

I love an airport, though. I love the possibilities of all the places that I could go. I love to think about where all the people are going, where they have been and what they did there. I wonder as I watch people: What is their story?

Where is the silver-haired gentleman to my right going? Perhaps to reunite with his wife after a week away on business.
Is that hand-holding, smiling young couple about to begin their honeymoon?
Are the two older ladies in those spiffy hats walking with such fervor because they are going on a much awaited girls' weekend?


That's a pretty romantic view of an airport, isn't it? Life isn't always as pretty as imagine it. I do know one thing: There is a God who knows our story. All of it. The pretty parts and the ugly parts and he still desires a relationship with us so much that He sent His son into the world to pave the way.

No comments: