Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh Misery, thy name is Strep.

You guessed it. Strep has found its way to our home and into my body. I finally caved yesterday and decided that I might need to see a dr.

I knew something was not right by my response to the lady at Eddie Bauer when she asked me if I wanted her to go get the Long length pants on 70% clearance that she had in the back. My response was not elated jubilation (which is the usual response anytime that I can find pants long enough for my 6'2" body), but instead, I told her that I did not feel well and did not feel like trying on clothes today.

I don't know why I felt like I had to give her a reason, but I did. She, however, was not deterred and brought them to me anyway. Being me, I felt like I had to try them on for size even though I was feverish and felt like I had a large, scratchy rock in my throat. Before heading into the dressing room, I rallied and grabbed a few other items since I was going to make the most of it. She was right. The pants were great, but I decided that I did not need corduroy pants in Houston in March no matter how little they cost. (I hope to be a smaller size by winter anyway!)

I managed to find a cute outfit. I tried to find a link to it on the Eddie Bauer site since some of you told me that you enjoyed the scarf link in a previous post, but I came up linkless. You are stuck with my description: a green, sleeveless shirt that has a criss cross front, a band below the bust and then looser around the hips to bring the emphasis to the top and camouflage the "problem areas" and a denim skirt that falls perfectly at my knees. All that time I spent watching "What Not to Wear" is paying off, baby. Or at least, I think it is. I sure wish I had the $5000, Stacy and Clinton to help me out though.

Right now, I would just settle for more antibiotics!

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

So sorry about the strep. It's going around here too... along with some cases of Mono.

I LOVE me some "What Not To Wear"!!!!! Sounds like you did really well at EB.

How are you coming along with your fitness goals for May??

The Cabe Family said...

Hope you feel better soon! Those antibiotics do wonders! :) I haven't been keeping up on facebook...did Caleb need stitches?