Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rodeo Houston!

We took the fam to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Thursday. The boys were all aflutter because we took them out of school early to beat the crowds. We were all looking spiffy, if I must say so myself.

Note about my hat: I have ALWAYS wanted to wear a cowboy hat to the rodeo, but did not have the spunk, aka: self-confidence, to pull it off. Since my past year has been themed: Do Hard Things, I decided to go for it even though I was nervous. But first, I took a poll of my family: Jeremy and Caleb gave the hat a thumbs up while Jonathan gave it a thumbs down. Jeremy reminded me that I needed to trust myself more than I trust a 6 year old boy so I went with the hat. I am glad that I did! It was fun!

We bought the traditional Rodeo Funnel cake:

Jonathan is cut off of the picture, but he is sad because we won't get him a sprite to go along with his other sugary treat. Aren't we horrible parents?

Caleb is ever the statistician. He timed the cowboys and recorded their scores on the program!

After the rodeo, I was excited to see Clay Walker perform. Jeremy and I really liked him when we were dating and I was looking forward to reminiscing.

Jonathan had other plans, however. He decided that Clay Walker's performance would provide the perfect background music for him to learn how to blow his first bubble. He proceeded to park himself between me and Clay. This is what I saw:


Victory!
Oh well, I can listen to Clay on my IPOD anyday!

There you go!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The hat was perfect!!! Love it ON you!

Jacquie said...

How fun!! And the hat is cute!

Susie said...

Linda- you look GREAT!!
I love reading your blog--sometimes it could be me saying all those things-- it just would not be written so well!

Rebecca C said...

I never went to the rodeo in all that time I lived in Houston. My rodeo tradition was going on an errand at lunchtime on the day of the trail ride (my office was just outside the 610 loop off I-10) and consequently getting stuck on one side or the other of I-10 while scores of weekend cowboys rode by. David would refuse to go out on trail ride day but I loved it!

Rebecca C said...

Oh yeah, and go girl, about actually wearing the hat.

I have a totally ridiculous CROW hat with yellow legs that dangle on either side of my face that I got at Wurstfest last year. You could borrow that sometime. But for what purpose???