Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mama always said that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

I have this new friend that I really enjoy. We have many things in common: We are Aggies. We are BoyMoms. We both have 9 year olds that are in the same class at school. We both work out at the same place. We are both sarcastic. There are many more similarities, but you get the picture.

Today, however, I realized a big difference between us. It noticed it when she asked me what I wrote on the note that I sent to school when I took my son home early to go to the rodeo. You see, she was preparing to write her note today, Saturday, for Monday when she plans to take her son to the rodeo. (There's another similarity: We both go to the rodeo.)

I could not resist the urge to point this difference out in an email to her. Note that I mentioned that we were both sarcastic.

Here is what I wrote:

Dear Name has been omitted in this blog to protect our budding friendship,

Just for fun: Here's a difference between me and you:

You: Carefully plan out your note for Monday and write it on Sat. Place it in the designated spot for notes and other home/teacher communication. Have your son pack it in his backpack on Sunday night to make sure you don't forget it. Serve him a healthy breakfast at the kitchen table and check to make sure he packed the note. Wish him a great day at school.

Contrast that with...

Me: Jot down something illegibly on a scrap of paper or napkin using a crayon while driving the kids through the car rider line wearing my jammies. Hand it to the kids who accidentally get syrup on it because they are having to eat their waffle in the car. Wipe syrup off on jammies. Give kids slightly sticky note. Wish kids a great day at school!

The good news is that we both get the job done!
There you go!

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

That's funny. And... I'm some of both of you. Is that possible?

Unknown said...

I'm TOTALLY you. Once one of my daughters former busdrivers wouldn't let her on the bus she was riding home with a friend because she said, "Honey, I know your mother, she wouldn't write a note on a ripped in half sheet of paper."

And Caroline responded...."well, you must not know my mom very well."

That's my girl!

Alicia said...

laughing...thinking of all the times I have pulled far up in the drop off line to avoid the "safety patrol" seeing me in my jammies and fuzzy blue slippers!!!