Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Will someone please help me hold my eyes open?

I am a night owl. Truly, I am. I can get more done after 10:00 at night than most people do in a whole day. When I was younger, I could bounce back after a late night, but not so much anymore:

When Kristin and I were in Philadelphia, we stayed up until about 2am Thurs, 3am Fri, and 5am Sat.

Our mantra was: We did not come all the way to Pennsylvania to go to bed before 2am!

(The mantra changes according to the city that we are in at the time. We also don't so much use it as a mantra, but as a threat to the weaker one who looks like they want to go to bed. We are not above bullying, or as I like to refer to it, creative motivation, in our relationship.)

What were we doing until all hours of the night, you may ask? Although I would like to tell you that we were partying like rock stars or solving the world's problems, we weren't. We were scrapbooking: chronicling our families lives by making a book of scraps. She and I have been bonding over scrapbooking since before we had kids. Her husband says that their family is the best documented family on the face of the earth and I believe him. Mine is a close second!

Now you may also wonder, why can't you scrapbook during the daylight hours?
You see, we belong to an ancient group of Vampire scrapbookers and our only inspiration comes at night OR we are just plain crazy. Honestly, we did scrap during the day, but the genius really comes at night. Perhaps, it is the caffeine and sugar that we drink in order to stay awake that stimulates the creative side of our brains. I don't really know, but that is just how it is.

Anyhoo, we thought that we were so smart since we took early evening naps. Also, I planned to sleep on the airplane ride home. I am sure that you recall that my plane sleeping plans were thwarted. I did not worry much as I had a slow Monday and figured that I could catch up while the kids were at school and bounce right back into my busy life.

Yeah, things did not happen like that.

Let's just say this: It is Wednesday and I can barely hold my own head up without massive amounts of caffeine and a 30 minute or 3 hour nap each day. The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be! (hey, did you say that I was gray? I beg to differ as I paid good money today in between my morning and afternoon naps to be blonde!)

I really don't have a point to this blog, or maybe I did, but I am too tired to remember.
There you go!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

I think I'm most creative at night, too.

Do you go to Daylight Saving Time this weekend??? That might really do you in.