Tuesday, March 3, 2009

25 Random Things about me:

1. I was adopted at 12 days old. Having kids was an especially cool thing for me because I finally had someone who looked like me (even though everyone always remarked that he looked just like my husband).
2. I always wonder what I did during those first 12 days.
3. I still trade Christmas cards with my 5th grade teacher and I can name every teacher that I every had from K-12.
4. I really love a Diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic. It's the ice, baby!
5. I don't make my bed on a regular basis because we are just going to get back into it that night.
6. I like repetitive mindless tasks and am really good at them.
7. I once wanted to be a doctor or an advertising executive.
8. My fingers turn an amazing shade of purple when I am cold or stressed. Oh yeah, my toes do it too!!
9. I learned how to swim at the age of 35 from my kids' swim coach.
10. Friends is/was my favorite show. I have been know to ignore a real friend's phone call so that I could watch my fake friends: Monica, Joey, Rachel, Phoebe, Ross and Chandler.
11. I keep several episodes of Friends on my DVR and watch it almost daily.
12. I have lived in Texas, Virginia, and Louisiana.
13. I love the color pink and wear it in some form at some point everyday.
14. I have been over 6 feet tall since about 6th grade.
15. I really get tired of people who ask me how tall I am. When I am really irritated, I will tell them in inches and make them figure it out for themselves.
16. I love to learn new things, often just for the sake of learning.
17. I became a Christian at age 14, but really started walking closely with the Lord when I was in my early 20's.
18. I spend way too much time on the computer... (bet you knew that one!)
19. I have always loved to read.
20. I wish my life were a musical or at least had a soundtrack.
21. Our family watched a space shuttle lift-off during our 2007 vacation to Florida. It was the coolest thing ever!
22. I am a night owl who has been trying to reform herself for many years without any luck.
23. I think that my kids are the cutest, smartest, cleverest, handsomest kids in the world.
24. When my youngest son was born, he went through a not so cute stage: baby acne, cradle cap, red blotches, and hair that stood straight up. I told Jeremy that we would just love him even though he might grow up to be ugly. Jeremy thought that I was nuts. Looking back, I think I was. Gotta love those postpartum blues.
25. I do not like to listen to messages on my phone answering machine. Right now there are 8 messages on it and I do not know what they are about. Moreover, I do not want to listen to them and probably won't for days. Call me!

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

Funny stuff. We have several things in common...
teachers
bed-making
computer addicts
night owl
I thought MY kids were the cutest, smartest, cleverest, handsomest kids in the world
my oldest son had a conehead at birth and all I could think was that people thought he was ugly.

Jacquie said...

Are you doing Body for Life, by chance?? It's 40/40/20. LOVE it!!

The Cabe Family said...

Thanks so much for being available for my kids today "just in case!" :)

I too am a SERIOUS night owl! I get my second wind around 11:00 and I have to force myself to go to bed by 1:00 every night! (not good!) I'm so glad that you heard my message/plea...:) I NEVER listen to my messages either! I check caller ID and call people back if I recognize the number. I've decided that if people REALLY know me, they won't leave me messages because they know that I don't check them!

Kristin said...

I've gotten into some real trouble from not listening to messages on the answering machine. Still have a hard time doing it, though.