Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ode to Diet Coke

Dear Diet Coke,

I miss you so much that it hurts.
It has been 2 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours and about 15 minutes since we have been together.
I know you are there, but I will not have you.
I have seen you in the mall, the grocery store, on tv ads.
I stopped in my tracks at the sound of your familiar poptop.
Just hearing you fizz made my heart skip a beat.
Oh, how I miss the bubbles that sting my throat and tickle my nose.
Everywhere I turn, you are there.  I miss the feel of your ice cold can in my hand.

 Water is such loneliness.
Tea pales in comparison to your refreshment.
No one can find your kind of fun in coffee. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My sentiments exactly. Except that I tried giving it up and decided a better plan was to "reduce" my intake. Anything in moderation is my new motto. What made you decide to give it up? Good for you! I missed the fizz too. It's sooo good.

Susie said...

So glad you are BACK!! I went off of Diet Coke for about 4 months one time--lost a couple of pounds actually--did not change anything else. I totally agree-- it is so refreshing!!

Jeremy said...

I love it! You can just FEEL the angst!

Jacquie said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! Although, I'm sorry about your misery. It won't last forever, I promise.

Ellen said...

You inspire me! I'm fasting sugar until my 11/8 birthday and then beyond!

Rebecca C said...

I've been off diet coke during my 2-1/2 week cleanse. Have to confess: cheated twice and had it.

Rebecca C said...

Was thinking more about this last night.

You may have broken up with Diet Coke, but at least you're back with your blog again. Did you all kiss and make up?

( Was Diet Coke cheating on you? Ditch the bum!!)

kanishk said...

Good for you! I missed the fizz too. It's sooo good.

Work from home India