Saturday, April 11, 2009

All this Birthday stuff is going to his head, but at least he's cute!

My baby, Jonathan, turned 7 yesterday. He is the funniest, sweetest, cutest 7 year old you will ever meet. Not that I'm biased or anything.

Yesterday, we were at Target spending his gift certificates and he met a sales lady in the shoe aisle and he told her "Today's my birthday!" If he did that once yesterday, he did it 100 times...at Target, at Game Stop, at lunch, at the Good Friday service, at Chili's for his birthday dinner. Everyone he told gave him exactly what he wanted: They responded with a cheerful "Happy Birthday" and some small talk about his party, presents and just how happy they were it was his birthday. As we walked away from the sales lady, he confided in me, "Mom, you know, I'm good at conversations."

Yes, Jonathan. I had noticed.

Wonder where you got that?

At lunch, he and Caleb were deciding some important matter like "who's going to go first?" or something and Jonathan said, "Caleb, can I go first since it is my birthday?"

I leaned over to Jonathan to remind him that he was the birthday boy, not the birthday brat. Before I could get those words out of my mouth, he smiled mischievously and whispered, "That's how I get my way. "

Yes, Jonathan. I had noticed.

Wonder where you got that?

Let's take a walk down memory lane... I don't have any digital photos of him when he was 1 and I don't feel like scanning any so that year is missing. Sorry, but not sorry enough to do anything about it.

Birth Day April 10, 2002


2nd Birthday: Clifford Party


3rd Birthday: Fireman Party




4th Birthday: Sports Hero Party



5th Birthday: Superhero party



6th Birthday: Skate Party




7th Birthday: Chuck E Cheese party



Jonathan's name means "gift of God" and he truly is!

By the way, did you see those dimples that he has in the picture above?

Wonder where he got those?

There you go!

3 comments:

The Cabe Family said...

sounds like our birthday boys have LOTS in common! i didn't realize that christopher is 2 days older than jonathan! those two together could do some serious damage!!!

Unknown said...

Tell me where you got the skate cupcake - cake! It is so cute!! Jacob turns 6 this summer and I just this second decided he should have a skate party!!!

Jacquie said...

Happy Birthday to Jonathan! My youngest figured out at a pretty young age to use his "charm" to maneuver his way, too. Jonathan sounds like a fun boy!!